Explode your Blog Traffic

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blogosphere, welcome to 2009!!

Well, the holiday season is officially over and wow did it go by fast. The Monkey and I had a great time with my parents. He got an entire toy store that is being shipped back to our house. Most of it he didn't appreciate right now- the boxes and paper were his absolute favorites. But he will grow into most of his new toys and hopefully mom and dad won't be stir crazy by that point because absolutely EVERYTHING he has plays some ridiculous jingle...but it's for the Monkey, so we will have to endure. The amazing thing is the Monkey slept sooo well while we were gone. He even slept alone for a few nights. It was truly remarkable. I thought wow, all I need to do is live with my parents to get my son to sleep by himself...NOT, we'll have to come up with something else. But as soon as we got back, he went back to his old habits and cried bloody murder, every time I left the room. Oh well, that's one of my resolutions for the year, so we will work on it.

My mom and I surprisingly had a wonderful time together. No fighting or bickering at all, which is a milestone for us. My dad was great and really has taken well to the whole grandfather bit. (My mom too!) She bought all these shirts that say "when mom says no... call 1-800-Grandma!"

My husband was happy to see us return although his work load has kept him pretty busy in this new year.

And I am back at work and trying to get back in the groove and adjust myself back to east coast time.

Classes start today. I got all my books yesterday and I am ready to start a productive semester as a graduate student. *I did see a misguided student in the bookstore yesterday get arrested for trying to steal 10 textbooks and a book bag from the bookstore- not a good way to start the semester or the year.*

All in all, I feel good about this year coming up. I have big plans and I hope things just get a bit smoother and less stressful than 2008 ended up being. Now if I could only get my period... I would be perfect. Always been irregular, so I'm not all that concerned-but the hubby and I were a little reckless last month and there's always the chance. Hell, the monkey is a prime example of a true SURPRISE! Afraid to take a pee test, because that's just not the shocking confirmation of reality that I am seeking this week- at all. Talk about no stress...maybe next year.

No comments:

Check this Blogs Reading Level

Shoe-Gate

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter